This post is also available in: Deutsch
My grandparents can write messages on the phone, but computer and internet are something they don’t touch. As i know that they love to stay in contact with me and they love to get a postcard, i’m always sending them one when i’m on holiday.
Greetings from abroad
Now that i’m living away for a longer amount of time and i’m able to see a lot of different places, i didn’t want to send them the typical Los Angeles postcard. When i was studying in England for my exchange semester, i had the idea to create a postcard by myself, using the pictures i’ve taken in that time. I remember that everybody was surprised and that they loved that individual postcard (and some people are still talking about that), so i decided to do the same over here in the United States again.
Howto: Steps to send out your individual Postcard
- Find pictures you want to use
- Create a collage (using any graphic software or a website that’s providing this service)
- Find a company where you can print postcards (hopefully cheap)
- Send the collage for being printed as a postcard
- Wait for the cards to come to you and be excited when they’re arriving
- Write your own personal greetings on the back
- Buy stamps
- Send them out 🙂